Who we are
I created Gutbliss to share my integrative, commonsense approach to digestive health that I’ve cultivated during my 25 years of medical practice. True health begins in the gut – and lots of diseases start there too. My goal is to help you pinpoint the root cause of your GI problems, and give you the tools to heal your gut from the inside out – avoiding prescription medications with harmful side effects whenever possible. My sincere hope is that this information will help you find your gut bliss, and I’ll see you at the farmer’s market or on the yoga mat, instead of in my office!
-Dr. Robynne Chutkan
Robynne Chutkan, MD, FASGE – Founder
- B.S. Yale University
- M.D. Columbia
- Internship, residency and chief resident Columbia
- GI fellowship Mount Sinai Hospital, NY
Medical Practice, Academic & Advisory Positions
- Founder of the Digestive Center for Wellness
- Faculty Georgetown Hospital (1997-present)
- Faculty National Institutes of Health (1997-2002)
- Former board member American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (ASGE)
- Former chair Training Committee American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (ASGE)
- Former chair PR committee American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (ASGE)
- Author of dozens of journal articles and book chapters
- Author of Gutbliss, The Microbiome Solution, and The Bloat Cure
- Featured GI expert on The Today Show, CBS This Morning, The Doctors, & The Dr Oz Show
- On-air talent and medical consultant for Discovery Health Channel
- Medical Advisory Board for The Dr Oz Show
- Washingtonian magazine best doctor
- Marathon runner and yogi!
Leslie Ann Berg, MSPH, CPT – Chief of Operations
Leslie Ann received her BA from the University of Notre Dame, double majoring in English and Philosophy. After working as a volunteer teacher in Benque Viejo del Carmen, Belize, for a year, she began her career at National Geographic as a production specialist for National Geographic Films. Inspired by her lifelong interest in human health, Leslie Ann received her National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM) personal training certification, and in 2011 she received her Master’s degree in Public Health and Nutrition from Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health. She is a 200-hour certified yoga instructor, specializing in vinyasa flow power yoga.
With over a decade of experience working in the health and wellness field as a nutritionist, certified yoga teacher, personal trainer, health writer, and project manager, Leslie Ann oversees operations as well as the strategic mission of Gutbliss. She is an avid believer in integrative methods to treat and heal the body and believes that true, lasting health is a journey achieved over a lifetime, not a destination acquired over an 8 week cleanse.
5530 Wisconsin Avenue, #1209
Chevy Chase, MD 20815
Phone: (877) 539-3651